The eLearning Developer is responsible for the development of eLearning modules through custom programming and development, as well through integration using rapid authoring tools.
- Develops high-quality interactive eLearning modules in Articulate Storyline or other rapid authoring tools ensuring performance on desktop and mobile devices.
- Develops functional digital applications based on client technical specifications and on visual designs created by the lead artist.
- Ensures learning solutions are developed according to established industry and department standards/processes
- Collaborates with stakeholders on the project to ensure we recommend the solution that best meets client needs
- Reviews project requirements, provides feedback and estimates work
- Researches and maintains familiarity with industry standard courseware development trends and solutions to assess opportunities and applicability to existing tools
- Optimizes applications for best performance
- Supports the maintenance of existing online learning content
- Fosters the sharing and constant evolution of best practices for the rapid authoring tools that we use to develop our training materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia, Computer Sciences or in a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing web development (frontend and backend)
- Experience with structured software development methodologies
- Excellent with solving the challenges of cross browser rendering and cross device performance for both desktop and mobile devices
- Experience with MVC, OO design
- Experience with SVN, Git or other source control systems
- Experience with responsive design
- Solid experience with e-learning platforms (LMS), AICC and SCORM standards
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities for multiple projects at various stages of completion simultaneously to meet deadline
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytic & problem-solving skills: able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Languages: English and French working knowledge
- Experience with Articulate Storyline or other rapid authoring tools
- Experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare, and training sectors
- Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with Azure, MS Teams, Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated passion for online learning methods, tools and technologies
Competencies required to succeed in the role:
Strong team player, client oriented, strong communication and interpersonal skills, quality oriented. Demonstrates good judgement and effective decision-making abilities. Able to take initiative, use judgement, negotiate, problem solve. Results oriented with ability to establish priorities and to execute.