The Senior Learning Solutions Designer collaborates with our internal stakeholders including scientific subject matter experts and our sales team to design innovative and impactful training programs that meet our client’s business needs. The incumbent will create engaging and meaningful learner experiences according to adult learning principles for various audiences including commercial sales teams, medical affairs, patient services, and market access. The blended solutions use modern learning principles and may be delivered across multiple platforms and modalities, as well as during live and virtual meetings. The Senior Learning Solutions Designer must be able to articulate with ease instructional design principals. The incumbent will collaborate and influence both internal and external stakeholders on how each project design will meet the client’s objectives. The incumbent must demonstrate strategic and tactical abilities, project management, strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. This role will assist in client meetings and travels to client location, periodically.
- Conceptualizes and illustrates overall instructional design of client training at a high level for both projects and strategic proposals
- Collaborates with project team members and internal stakeholders to ensure that all materials are developed according to the client’s specifications and adult learning principles
- Participates in selected and targeted proposals in relation to continuing projects, new mandates, etc.
- Communicates learning rationale and strategies to clients on proposals, projects and pitches.
- Organizes, develops, and writes or contributes to the Learning and Design Department by designing training programs, strategies, and scope, as a member of cross departmental team
- Leads creative design meetings with project and proposal teams and provide instructional design expertise for training programs, in compliance
- Advises on live training and meeting logistics related to training workshop designs
- Works collaboratively with a cross-functional team to design and develops learning materials
- Defines the vision of the training solution and communicates the information to project team
- Demonstrates solid understanding and application of adult learning principles within the context of multimodal blended learning solutions including the use of emerging technologies
- Conducts training needs analysis and designs instructionally sound curriculum plans focused on improving and sustaining performance
- Contributes/guides the construction of Training Design Documents by providing the rationale for instructional design strategy and methods
- Designs and/or develops project training materials to ensure learners meet the desired outcomes
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies and design, and an in-depth understanding of issues related to online teaching and learning (virtual classrooms, web-based conferencing, mobile learning)
- Contributes to internal learning by sharing knowledge of instructional design
- Graduate degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Educational Psychology, Adult Education, Organizational Development or Human Resources Development or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in training, consulting using various training delivery methods including mobile devices;
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry
- Member of CSTD, ATD, ISPI or relevant organization;
- Solid team player with the ability to design training programs and creative training solutions
- Ease with designing learning solutions in a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in adult learning
- Ability to conduct research and apply the theory to the practice of instructional design
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken, presentation and facilitation skills; French (an asset);
- Excellent computer skills: Word (advanced), PowerPoint (advanced), Outlook, Excel, Internet, MS Project (asset). Understanding of HTML 5 based learning platforms.
- Solid understanding of Storyline, Captivate
- Ability to travel occasionally to the United States and overseas (valid passport required)
- Passionate, curious and remains up to date with current industry trends
- Experience as a courseware developer,
- Experience in creative design (graphics, etc)
Core competencies to succeed as a Senior Learning Solutions Project Designer include:
Client oriented, results oriented, creativity, teamwork, quality-oriented, communication, organization, prioritization, time management, problem solving, creativity, critical thinking, flexibility, and ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast pace environment.