The Role of the Visual Design Manager
The Visual Design Manager develops creative concepts and designs for digital training pieces. The incumbent is responsible for staying abreast of design trends and finding ways to incorporate them into the project design and workflow. The incumbent manages the needs and concerns of the Visual Design Team to foster collaboration and productivity.
- Prepares and presents visual concepts during client meetings and pitches. Coaches the other designers in client presentation skills
- Manages the operations of the team, in collaboration with the Visual Design Coordinator
- Inspires, leads, and directs individual designers, working in creative teams through the stages of brainstorming, creative development and project execution
- Supports the Visual Design team from project concept to completion, including reviewing work, troubleshooting and providing constructive feedback
- Manages and cultivates the career development of all creative team
- Participates in the recruiting process for the team
Visual Design Execution
- Presents creative concepts to project stakeholders and provides artistic direction
- Leads artistic direction and design during the entire process in order to achieve an innovative, visually consistent high-quality deliverables
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure the training solutions meets the client needs: proposals, pitches, creative design concepts, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to think on their feet during client meetings to pivot in response to client needs while considering the project’s constraints
- Presents work and builds cohesion around design direction and execution with key stakeholders.
- Creates rules and styles for project types, brief partner teams on these rules, ensures consistency and quality benchmarks are met in execution.
- Drives creative approaches that follow modern design and innovation trends in the industry
- Ensures high quality user experience design is an integral part of the design process
- Works with Visual Design team members and promotes knowledge sharing and best practices
- Guides the creative approach to evolve of IC Axon’s projects
- Assists in carrying out various duties as requested by management
- Minimum of 7 years professional working experience, agency background preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts or in related fields
- Strong attention to global visual detail
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects)
- Strong knowledge and background in UX
- Capable of clearly articulating concepts to stakeholders with confidence
- Must demonstrate solid collaboration, passion, professionalism, high creativity, motivation and communication
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities to meet deadlines (VUCA environment)
- Understanding of the technical limitations and requirements of each application used for the project
- General computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Languages: English, French
Competencies required to succeed in the role
- Be creative, client oriented, team oriented, possess strong leadership and communication skills, be quality oriented, show good judgement and effective decision making abilities, be able to establish priorities, negotiate, problem solve, think strategically, execute, think on your feet, take initiative